Listed below are simple ways to save money in Orlando. These money saving tips apply to both residents and tourist.
Tips To Save Money In Orlando Theme Parks
- BOOK THEME PARK TICKETS ONLINE: Tickets booked online are usually cheaper than tickets booked at the Orlando Theme Park. Some theme parks offer discounts on food and beverage if they are purchased online. There are further discounts for tickets bought during off-season and in advance.
- MULTIDAY TICKETS ARE CHEAPER: Multiday tickets at the Orlando Theme Parks tend to be substantially cheaper than single day tickets. Disney World Orlando usually sticks to its premium pricing and the discounts are not as significant as the other Orlando Theme Parks (Universal, SeaWorld, etc).
- AVOID PARTY HOPPER: Theme Parks offer “Park Hopper” tickets which allow guests to visit multiple parks on the same day. These “Park Hopper” tickets are more expensive than a single day ticket. Avoid these tickets since most Orlando Theme Parks are so big that they require more than a day to experience all attractions.
- TAKE YOUR OWN FOOD: Food at Theme Parks is expensive. Most parks allow guests to carry packed food and water. Carrying your own food and beverage to theme parks is a great way to save money in Orlando. NOTE: The SeaWorld parks tend to be a little strict about guest carrying food; Universal and Disney usually are more relaxed about food from outside.
- Some Theme Parks offer special offers on Foods and Beverage. For example free refill glasses, discounted popcorn tubs and more. Check with the theme park on the latest Food and Beverage offer.
- In most cases souvenirs are significantly cheaper outside theme parks. There are souvenir shops all over Orlando that sell theme park related merchandise.
- Frequent visitors should consider purchasing Annual Passes to save on Theme Park Entrance Fees.
Orlando Theme Parks offer strollers on hire for young children; but rental is expensive. It’s more cost effective to get your own stroller.
- NOTE: Most Orlando attractions and Theme Parks offer a discount to Florida residents.
Tips to Save On Food and Dining Cost in Orlando
- Being a tourist town, Orlando has many restaurants offering cuisine from all over the world. Since competition is fierce, many restaurants offer discounts and special offers. Make the most of these special offers and save money in Orlando.
- Discount coupons offer good deals on Dining, Shopping, Travel and Attraction. These Discount Coupon booklets are available all over Orlando and can be found in hotel lobbies, stores and supermarkets. A judicious use of discount coupons can help save money in Orlando.
- Many Orlando hotels, resorts, service apartments and home-stays offer either a kitchenette or a full kitchen. Visitors staying at these places can save significant amounts by preparing their own food.
- There are supermarket chains all over Orlando. Purchasing vegetables, fruits, packaged food and beverages at these stores can lead to big savings.
- Food at Orlando Theme Parks tends to be expensive. Carry your own food and beverages to theme parks. This is an important tip to save money at Disney, to save money at Universal and save money at Orlando theme Parks.
Multi Park Saver Tickets in Orlando
- Many attractions and theme parks (especially the smaller theme parks) offer Multi Park or Multi Attraction Combo Tickets. These tickets/passes allow visitors access to the participating attractions and parks.
- The biggest advantage is that visitors can avail of a significant discount on these Multi Attraction Saver tickets versus if they had to pay for individual attraction tickets.
- “Go Orlando Card” (discounts to over 30 Orlando and Florida attractions), “Explorer Pass” and “Orlando All-Inclusive Card” (both from Go Orlando Card) are some of the Multi-Park Saver Tickets.
- Please visit the website of the multi saver issuing company for details on cost and attractions that are covered by these tickets/passes.
Discount Cards and Discount Coupons in Orlando
- DISCOUNT CARDS: Orlando has many Discount Cards that offer great deals for restaurants, shopping and attractions. Some of these Discount Cards are “Orlando Magicard”, “Kids Eat Free Card”, “VIP Dine 4 Less Card”, “Eat and Play Card”, “In The City Card”, “Dollar Off Drinks Card” and more. These Orlando Discount cards can be purchased at their respective websites.
- DISCOUNT COUPONS: Discount coupons offer deals on food, shopping and attractions. Discount coupons can be found in hotel lobbies, stores and supermarkets.
- The VisitOrlando.com website has many deals. Deal coupons can be printed and presented at the establishment. A simple Google search for discounts and deals can bring up many interesting offers in Orlando.
- Hotel Loyalty cards and reward cards offer discounts on hotel and dining. Most major US hotel chains have hotels in Orlando.
Save Money on Hotels in Orlando
- Save money on hotels in Orlando by booking online and booking early. Offseason hotel tariff is much cheaper than peak season rates.
Compare hotel rates online before booking your hotel to get the best deals. Visit a hotel price comparison website, like Trivago, to get the best hotel deals in Orlando.
- Orlando is a spread out city. Decide what you plan to visit in Orlando, accordingly decide on the geographical location of the hotel. For example, if the primary objective is to visit the Universal and Disney theme parks, then it makes sense to stay in the South West of Orlando.
- Geographical location of Hotel also depends on your mode of transport in Orlando. For example if you plan to use taxis, then save money by staying close to the attractions that you plan to visit.
- If you plan to use your own car or hire a car, save money by staying at a hotel that offers free parking.
- Many Orlando hotels offer free shuttle service to Orlando attractions, especially the theme parks. If you don’t plan to use a car, stay at a hotel that offers free shuttle service. Few hotels also offer free shuttle service to the Orlando International Airport.
Save Money on Shopping In Orlando
- Orlando offers a wide range of shopping experience, from discount stores to high end designer outlets.
- Many popular brands have large factory outlets in Orlando. A large collection of these company outlets are at the two Orlando Premium Outlets shopping areas. Located at the South side of International Drive (I-Drive) is “Orlando Premium Outlets – Vineland Avenue” and at the north end of I-Drive is “Orlando International Premium Outlets”. Both these shopping areas have factory shops that offer a wide range and attractive discounts. Given the popularity of both these shopping complexes, parking can be a challenge.
- Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores is a lesser known shopping complex that has factory stores offering great prices. It is located near in the South end of I-Drive, near Orlando Premium Outlets – Vineland Avenue.
- There are souvenir stores all over Orlando. The Disney, Universal and SeaWorld souvenirs and merchandise at these stores tends to be cheaper than the official theme park stores.
Free Attractions and Things To Do In Orlando
Contrary to expectations, there are many free things to do in Orlando. This article has details of the Top 10 Best Free Things To Do In Orlando.
Save on Transportation in Orlando
- “Lynx” is the Bus Service provider in Orlando. Lynx buses cover most parts of Orlando and the surrounding counties. Lynx buses are an inexpensive way to travel in Orlando. Lynx bus schedule is available on their website. Although the frequency of buses is not great on some routes, following the bus schedule can save time and save money in Orlando. This article has information on Orlando Lynx Bus Schedule and Lynx Bus Routes.
- I Trolley is the Public Bus Service that covers International Drive.
- Many hotels offer free shuttle service to Orlando’s main attractions, especially Orlando Theme Parks.
- Some hotels, especially the Disney Hotels offer free or discounted shuttle service to and fro from the Airport.
- For those living in the Northern and Southern suburbs of Orlando, there is a train service called “SunRail”.
- Renting a car is cheaper if it is done online rather than at the counter. Hiring a car at the Orlando airport can usually be more expensive than from outside.
- There are shuttle services available to travel to and fro from Orlando International Airport. For a single passenger, these shuttles are cheaper than taking a cab.
- This article has further information on Orlando Transportation, Taxi, Car Rental, Train.
- Top 10 Best Free Things To Do In Orlando
- Orlando Transportation, Taxi, Car Rental, Train
- Orlando Lynx Bus Schedule and Lynx Bus Routes
- Best Cultural Festivals And Events In Orlando
- Top 10 Best Things To Do At International Drive, Orlando
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.